In the recent Gartner report, Emerging Technology Analysis Report: Licensing and Entitlement Management is the Key to Monetizing the Internet of Things, they state that the Internet of Things (IoT) turns all hardware and appliance OEM vendors into software providers. They go on to say that licensing and entitlement management technology will serve as a key mechanism that enables manufacturers to protect and monetize the intellectual property running on these connected devices.
Join IoT panel experts as they discuss their thoughts on the report, share techniques for unlocking the business value of connected devices and strategies for helping software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers capture their share of the $1.9 trillion IoT market.
- What does “monetizing the IoT” mean?
- What types of companies in the IoT ecosystem will have the opportunity to monetize this transformation?
- How does licensing change the revenue streams for IoT device manufacturers?
- Why is the license lifecycle important for monetization?
- What is entitlement management and what role does it play in monetization?
- What types of models do you think will become mainstream for monetizing the IoT? How will this change over the next couple of years and what will drive any changes?
- Is the future to monetize the software independent of the hardware? Why?
- And much more!
North America, 27-Aug-2014 at 12:00 pm CT
Europe, 3-Sept-2014 at 10:00 am London BST
Australia, 4-Sept-2014 at 11:00 am Sydney AUS