Software is extremely malleable – it can and does change frequently. Unfortunately many producers don’t have software delivery processes that reflect the constant and rapid changes that deploying software requires.
Historically software updates have been delivered via physical media (CD) or FTP (file transfer protocol) sites. The former is expensive, slow and places installation burden on the end-user. The latter can require significant setup time and manual movement of update files.
Further, both delivery methods provide little to no visibility as to what updates were taken when and by whom – which can leave you exposed to security risks and revenue loss.
Electronic software delivery was created to address these challenges as it can deliver initial installs and software updates directly to end-users with little no action required by the end-user. Further benefits include but are not limited to:
- The ability to protect maintenance and subscription revenues by allowing only customers current on maintenance or subscription to download software and updates.
- Improved customer satisfaction by delivering software and updates to customers via a 24x7 self-service portal.
- Increased cross-sell and up-sell revenues – by reporting on your customer's download activity at a product version level.
- Assured compliance with complex software export regulations, revenue recognition, and data privacy rules.
- Accelerated revenue recognition as you can recognize revenues as soon as end-customers finish downloading their software.
The bottom-line is that you can boost profitability (by eliminating physical fulfilment costs and reducing revenue loss) and improve customer satisfaction (by making software updates easy to apply) with the perfect pairing of an electronic software delivery and software update solution - Learn more here!
Contact us so you can join your peers who are delivering winning installations and achieving customer intimacy by automating their update processes and more!
- Reduce Distribution and Support Costs with Electronic Software Delivery from Flexera Software
- Software Updates and the Customer Relationship
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installation development solution.
InstallAnywhere is the leading multiplatform development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent cross installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments.
FlexNet Connect® provides application producers (software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers) the most efficient way to provide end-users with the latest software/firmware updates and to obtain valuable insight on their product use.