Want to give your development team an easy way to learn the latest about creating a reliable, consistent installation experience for each customer? View these What’s New webinars, available on-demand.
Feature Highlights from What’s New in InstallShield 2014 – Watch It:
- Install Web Applications to Microsoft® Azure™ and Microsoft IIS using Microsoft Web Deploy – With new support for Microsoft Web Deploy, Suite/Advanced UI installations give your customers the flexibility to deploy Web applications to their choice of infrastructure—local machines, remote servers in the data center or Microsoft Azure in the cloud.
- Design DPI-Aware Installations – All InstallShield project types are now DPI-aware, ensuring an optimized user experience when your customers install software on high-DPI devices.
- Check for the Latest Setup Every Time an Installation is Run – Suite/Advanced UI installations can automatically check for the latest version of a setup any time the installation is run, including from the installation’s maintenance mode, making it simpler for users to find, download, and install your latest product releases.
- Upgrade Multi-instance Installations – Develop upgrades that can detect the presence of multiple instances of a product on target systems, providing end users with options to select the instance to upgrade. Now supports both major and minor upgrades.
- Provision Virtual Machines from the InstallShield IDE for Testing Installations – Reduce testing time and eliminate manual steps by automatically provisioning virtual machines: choose test image snapshots, power on virtual machines, and stage setups directly from the InstallShield IDE. Supports VMware® vSphere, VMware Workstation, and Microsoft Hyper-V®.
Feature Highlights from What’s New in InstallAnywhere 2014 – Watch It:
- Simplify development and installation of upgrades with a new standard framework that automatically detects and removes prior versions of your application (Premier and Premier with Cloud Pack Editions).
- Simplify development of installations for multi-tier or Web/server applications by easily adding databases and supporting panels when deploying to the latest versions of MySQL. (Premier and Premier with Cloud Pack Editions).
- Use new built-in panels that give your users even more flexibility by supporting easier deployment of WAR files to local or remote Apache Tomcat 6,7 and 8 servers. (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack and Professional Editions.)
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installation development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer MSI installations for desktop, server, Web, virtual and traditional applications. The software installer of choice for today's sophisticated application producers, InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages. Get your free trial of InstallShield today or contact us for more information.
InstallAnywhere is the leading multiplatform development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent cross installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From a single project file and build environment, InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Apple OS X, Solaris, AIX , HP-UX, and IBM iSeries – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure. Get your free trial of InstallAnywhere or contact us today for more information.