By Ann Reist
As promised, I thought it would be interesting to look at the Top 10 Software Monetization Blogs of all time, some oldies but goodies. Interestingly enough, most of these blogs were among the most read in 2014 mainly because back in 2010 and 2011 when many of these blogs were originally published is when we first started talking about topics like “Subscription Licensing” and “Pay-per-Use,” but that is just what it was back then, all talk. In 2013, as well in 2014 as “Subscription Licensing” and “Pay-per-Use” became more widespread we started to see a much larger adoption of both subscription and usage-based licensing models.
- Common Software License Types and Terms
- Don’t be Afraid of Subscription License Models
- What the Heck is a Token Software License Model?
- Software Licensing – What are the Best License Metrics for a Virtual Machine World?
- What Licensing Technology is Most Effective—To Dongle or Not?
- Software Licensing – Pricing the Concurrent License
- Making the Subscription Software Licensing Model Work for You
- The Myths of Pay-Per-Use Software Licensing & Pricing Models
- SaaS is More Than a Software License Model
- Why Salesforce.com Isn’t Suited for Complex License and Entitlement Management Processes
While it is fun and enlightening to read through some of the older blogs and see that some predictions came true, others have not and how some are just now being realized, you can also check our more current blogs on all these topics by selecting the relevant categories i.e. Subscription Licensing or License Models for a listing of all the blogs on a specific topic.