The Software Licensing and Pricing survey was conducted by Flexera Software with input from IDC's Software Pricing and Licensing Research division under the direction of Amy Konary, Research Vice President at IDC. This annual research project—now in its 10th year—looks at software licensing, compliance enforcement, pricing and entitlement management trends and best practices. The survey reaches out to executives at application producers (software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers) and enterprises who use and manage software and devices.
- The shift from perpetual to subscription and usage-based licensing and pricing models—who's driving it—the producer or the enterprise—and if they are in agreement
- Which pricing models—device, named, utility, site, etc.—are most preferred by enterprises and what new models are producers expecting to offer in the next 24 months
- How licensing policies are changing to address the cloud, SaaS, virtualization, mobile and software appliances—and if producers and enterprises agree
- What software license enforcement method—product activation, network licensing, trust-based, dongles, etc.—is most preferred by enterprises versus producers
- The truth about audits—who audits the most and the impact
- And more!
Learn how your organization can take advantage of the newest industry trends—register today!