Empowering your customers with branded, self-service, out-of-the-box software access portals
As an application producer you may dream of the following scenario…
- Your newest customer places an order for your software in your e-commerce/eStore site
- They receive an e-mail with login credentials to a portal to download and activate the software
- They login to the portal – that’s on your company’s website, complete with your branding
- They’re presented with a targeted list of products they just bought that are available to download
- They download the software and documentation
- They install the software and come back to the portal for easy and fast activation…
- All without involvement by you, the producer
If this is your dream then it’s time to wake-up, because all of these activities and many more can easily be performed by your customers using the out-of-the-box end-user portal provided by FlexNet Operations.
Additionally, the administrator at your customer’s organization can use this portal to track specific aspects of the application use rights such as…
- Where (which location, hardware/server) the applications are running
- How many copies the customer has purchased
- How many copies are active
- How much (which features) they are using
Additionally, your customer’s administrator will also be able to know when the software licenses are expiring and whether their maintenance contract needs to renewed. They can move entitlements from one department to the other to support specific asset re-allocation or M&A use cases. As and when upgrades (free or with additional cost) are available, the admin is notified and can choose whether to upgrade the application immediately or defer to a later date based on corporate policy. All of this means they your customer is empowered with greater transparency into what they license and can leverage the above for improved decision making.
You can also take the portal a step further by integrating with licensing technology so that the end-user can perform a wide range of license lifecycle activities (re-host, return, repair, inactivate licenses), and more. Optionally, your customer can see how much (or how many) they were entitled per each meter (ex. storage, delivery bandwidth) and how much they are consuming for a period of time to determine usage patterns and projected costs. They can potentially predict whether they are going to be out-of-compliance in future and whether they need to buy additional licenses/capacities to support seasonal or growing markets. Whenever your customer has new staff join the organization and needs access to the end-user portal, the admin can easily provision the access to the right department and product set.
Your customers are empowered to do all these activities in the portal with look & feel of your corporate website either hosted by you or Flexera Software in the Cloud. More importantly, they can do these on their timeline without involving your support team thus reducing support costs, resulting in a happier and empowered customer.