If David Letterman did a "Top 10 Signs Your Homegrown Licensing is Broken" it might go something like this…
- Your CTO says to his team, "run, Forrest run" when you ask him to make changes to the license key generator
- Your celebrity CEO is asked to sign a pirate copy of your software on a trip to China
- Your LinkedIn request to hire someone who knows Cobol gets 0 hits
- Your CFO ends up in Brazil after appearing on the cover of the Wall Street Journal for missing quarter end revenue
- You realize that the latest spam email from Nigeria has a master key for your software
- You only sell one copy of the software to China and your sales team says that the market is saturated
- Customers are completely happy with a non-expiring trial version of your software
- Your business is in an HBR Story "The paradox of 100% of the customers having your new software, but the renewal rate is only 10%"
- Your Oracle R12 migration costs exceed the GNP of most countries
- No one in your organization has ever heard of Flexera Software
What is in your top 10 list?
All kidding aside, if any of the Top 10 ring a little too close to home – our proven and scalable software licensing, entitlement management and software delivery and update solutions can help.