By John Emmitt
The recent IDG Enterprise 2016 Cloud Computing Survey showed that the average company plans to devote 28% of its IT budget to cloud computing in the next 12 months. Enterprise organizations (those having more than 1000 employees) plan to invest an average of $3.04 million in cloud services.
According to the survey report, the average company plans to allocate 45% of its cloud budget to Software-as-a- Service (SaaS), 30% to Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), 19% to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and 6% to other as-a-service models such as Backup-as-a-Service and Storage-as-a-Service.
Source: IDG Enterprise 2016 Cloud Computing Survey
Join Flexera Software and Forrester for a webinar on: Making the Move to SaaS: The Commercial and Licensing Implications. Duncan Jones, Forrester VP and Principal Analyst, will be our guest speaker.
Organizations that are migrating to the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model should very carefully assess the licensing, contractual and spend management implications. First, the deal you negotiate now will be the baseline for many future contract renewals, so you need to get it right. Second, managing ongoing costs and selecting the optimal subscription plan level for offerings such as Office 365 can be challenging. And third, this may be your last chance to take a software maintenance vacation.
In this webinar, Duncan will explain how to prepare for your transition to SaaS and subscriptions, including:
- Your key decision: early migration versus taking a maintenance vacation
- The implications for license management of new vendor licensing models
- Assembling a sound negotiation strategy
- Thursday, 10th November - 10:00 am CT (US) Show in my time zone
- Tuesday, 15th November - 10:00 am (Sydney, Australia) Show in my time zone
- Tuesday, 15th November - 10:00 am (UK) Show in my time zone