By John Emmitt
Better late than never, we are taking a look back at the most popular software asset management and license optimization blogs from last year. As I did last year, I am providing the list of the most read blogs for 2016, including the ones that were written in previous years, and then the top 10 list of just the ones that were published in 2016. This way you can see what has been the most popular new content.
Most popular blogs in 2016 (published any time):
Most popular blogs in 2016 (published in 2016):
- How will Microsoft licensing for Windows Server 2016 affect you?
- I have an ITSM solution, why do I need a Software Asset Management solution too?
- KPMG and Flexera Partner to Help Clients with Software Asset Management
- Gartner says Software License Optimization can reduce software costs by 30%
- Notes from SAM Summit 2016—Software Audits, License Management in the Cloud, And More
- An alternative solution for managing IBM Sub-Capacity licensing
- Software Asset Management and the C-level Executive- SAM becomes strategic
- Track these Software Asset Management program metrics for success
- Top 10 Software License Optimization blogs for 2015
- Flexera Software acquires open source application security provider Palamida
On the top of both lists we have the blockbuster blog on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 licensing. This blog had more than 7500 pageviews last year! The switch from processor to core based licensing for Windows Server 2016 impacts many organizations, of course, and the blog provides some guidance on how to manage this transition.
Next on the list of 2016 blogs is the one on why you need a SAM solution if you already have an ITSM solution. As discussed in the blog, ITSM tools track and manage a different set of data in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) as compared to the data that is tracked in the SAM Asset Management Database (AMDB). In addition, ITSM processes and tools are all geared to delivering IT services; they are not focused on controlling software costs or understanding and maintaining software license compliance. Read the blog to learn more.
In 10th place on the 2016 list, we announced our acquisition of Palamida, an open source software security and compliance solution provider. Our FlexNet Code Insight product helps both software producers and enterprises mitigate security risks associated with open source software (OSS).
Thanks for following the Software License Optimization Blog!