By John Emmitt
As IT Asset Managers and IT Procurement Managers know, IBM licensing is complex. They use IBM Processor Value Unit (PVU) in full capacity and sub-capacity (i.e. virtual) environments, User Value Unit (UVU) and Resource Value Unit (RVU) license models, for example. They offer trade-in credit programs with “Value Buckets” that require tracking the “burn down” of titles and points. And they provide proprietary tools, such as ILMT, TADd and SUA to track IBM license consumption. As IT Asset and Procurement Managers, you need tools that not only help you manage IBM software licenses, but also help you manage and optimize the rest of your software estate.
Until very recently, IBM customers were generally required to use the IBM tools, such as ILMT, to track Processor Value Unit (PVU) sub-capacity license consumption. Now, customers have another option-- they can use Flexera Software's FlexNet Manager for IBM solution for sub-capacity reporting. This means that organizations no longer have to rely solely on a proprietary, single vendor tool to manage that part of their IT estate. Instead, they can utilize a solution that is part of a suite of tools that provide Software License Optimization not only for IBM, but for thousands of other software publishers as well. FlexNet Manager for IBM is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises, a comprehensive hardware asset management, software asset management, license compliance and license optimization solution.
Watch the “Understanding the Ins and Outs of IBM License Management to Drive Maximum Value” Webinar to:
- Learn how to reduce your IBM license compliance risk
- Gain operational efficiencies
- Develop sound SAM practices to support your business goals and objectives
- Learn about FlexNet Manager for IBM, Flexera Software’s IBM license optimization solution that can be used in place of ILMT, TADd and SUA for sub-capacity reporting.
Available Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, 4th March - 10:00 am CT (US) Show in my time zone
- Thursday, 5th March - 10:00 am (UK) Show in my time zone
- Thursday, 5th March - 1:00 pm (Sydney, Australia) Show in my time zone