By John Emmitt
This is our second annual ‘Year in Review’ blog where we have the list of the top ten most popular Software License Optimization blogs from the previous year. For 2013, the list once again shows that blogs on software license models and licensing issues for the major software vendors are the most popular topics. Blogs on Oracle, Microsoft and IBM licensing make up all but two of the top 10.
- Oracle Database Licensing in a VMware Virtual Environment (Part 1 of 3)
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter vs. Stacked Standard Edition Licenses
- Oracle Database Licensing in a VMware Virtual Environment (Part 2 of 3)
- Why a SKU is important to Software Asset Management
- Oracle’s Magic Ratio
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Licensing Showdown—Core versus Server + CAL
- Oracle Database Licensing in a VMware Virtual Environment (Part 3 of 3)
- More from Gartner on Software Vendor Audit Trends and How to Respond
- Latest update on SQL Server 2012 licensing
- Is IBM Ditching the Processor Value Unit (PVU) Software License Metric?
The top blog that was published in 2013 was also about a major vendor’s licensing—in this case Microsoft: Update on Microsoft Downgrade Rights. Other noteworthy blogs published last year include:
I hope you have enjoyed reading the blogs and find them useful in your software asset management (SAM) practices. To learn more about Software License Optimization—the next generation of SAM, please read our white paper: What Does it Take to Achieve Software License Optimization?
Or, view our video: Achieving Software License Optimization Success.