The 2013 Software Licensing and Pricing survey was conducted by Flexera Software with input from IDC’s Software Pricing and Licensing Research division under the direction of Amy Konary, Research Vice President at IDC. This annual research project—now in its 10th year—looks at software licensing, license compliance enforcement, pricing and entitlement management trends and best practices. The survey reaches out to executives at application producers (software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers) and enterprises who use and manage software and devices.
During this Webinar, Amy will share findings from both the software producer and enterprise surveys, including:
- The shift from perpetual to subscription and usage-based licensing and pricing models – who’s driving it—the producer or the enterprise—and are they in agreement
- Which pricing models—device, named user, concurrent, utility, site, etc.—are most preferred by enterprises and what new models are producers expecting to offer in the next 24 months
- How licensing policies are changing to address the cloud, SaaS, virtualization, mobile and software appliances—and if producers and enterprises agree
- What software license enforcement method—product activation, network licensing, trust-based, dongles, etc.—is most preferred by enterprises versus producers
- The truth about software audits—who audits the most and the impact
- And much more!
- Thursday, 6th March - 11:00 am CT (US) Show in my time zone
- Wednesday, 12th March - 9:00 am (Sydney, Australia) Show in my time zone
- Wednesday, 12th March - 11:00 am (UK) Show in my time zone