It was a year of big change for software installation. Readers showed big interest in the AppX and Universal Windows Platform announcements at Microsoft Build 2016 and the launch of InstallShield 2016 with support for the Desktop Bridge and Windows Server Apps. Flexera’s acquisition of open source application security provider Palamida and the latest news on Docker also received attention. For your convenience, here are the top 10 most popular InstallTalk blog posts of 2016.
- Microsoft Build 2016 Keynote Highlights InstallShield, AppX and UWP: Bridge to the Future
- InstallShield 2016 Launches with Desktop Bridge and Windows Server Support
- How to Create an Internet Shortcut with InstallShield
- Your Docker Questions Answered Here: Webinar Q&A
- Microsoft Ignite 2016: Breakout Session Focuses on Project Centennial, UWP
- InstallShield Wins Gold in Visual Studio Magazine’s 2015 Reader's Choice Awards
- Docker: Three Basics
- Flexera Software Acquires Open Source Application Security Provider, Palamida
- InstallShield 2016 Supports Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update Announcement for Desktop Bridge
- Are You Ready for App-V?
What topics and trends would you like to see in InstallTalk in 2017?
InstallShield® is the industry standard for development teams creating installers for Windows desktops, servers, and cloud platforms, and helps to prepare applications for emerging technologies like the Windows Store and Nano Server. Over 100,000 developers around the world trust InstallShield to develop EXE and MSI installers, create Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and Windows Server App (WSA) packages, and virtualize their applications with minimal scripting, coding, or rework. Get your free trial of InstallShield today or contact us for more information.
InstallAnywhere is the leading multiplatform development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent cross installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From a single project file and build environment, InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Apple OS X, Solaris, AIX , HP-UX, and IBM iSeries – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure and build Docker containers. Get your free trial of InstallAnywhere or contact us for more information.